- The Embassy of India, Copenhagen would accept applications of only those who are resident in Denmark.
- In modification of our earlier notice dated 1st September, 2014, henceforth, postal applications will be accepted for issue of visa without biometric traits of the applicant. However, biometrics will be compulsory for those applicants who appear in person at the Embassy for submission of their visa application forms.
All payments of Visa, Passport and Consular Services would continue to be accepted either through DANKORT/VISADANKORT at the Embassy or through Bank Transfer in favour of Embassy of India, Account No.4001-11421733 (with proof of payment attached with the application form).
0930 hrs -1200 hrs (working days) - Receipt of applications
0930 hrs -1100 hrs (working days) - Delivery of documents
The Consular section may be closed for business on some days which may not be same as local holidays. For complete list of Embassy holidays click here.
- All foreign nationals, including children must have a valid visa on passport to enter India. It is not sufficient that a child is registered in the passport of one of its parents.
- Visa for Non-Danish Nationals
- All eligible applicants are advised to apply for Visa before their departure to India.
- eTourist Visa(eTV): Kindly click
- For submission of on-line visa application form and making payments thereto, please use the only authorized and genuine link http://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/
- General Requirements for Visa:
Original passport valid for at least 4 months more than the period of visa required.
One recent coloured passport size (3.5 cm x 4.5 cm) photograph showing the full view of the face in a plain background. (Scanned/Casual photographs will not be accepted.) The photograph should not be more than 6 months old.
Visa fees can be paid by Dankort at the Embassy or by bank transfer (Embassy of India Account No: 4001-11421733 with Danske Bank). The Embassy prefers that the visa fees is paid through the Dankort/Visa Dankort. If the applications are sent by post proof of payment through the bank transfer should be sent along with the application. Postal Orders, bankers cheques and cash payments are no longer accepted.
Click here to check the Visa Fees.
A self addressed envelope with sufficient postal stamps should be enclosed in case the applicant desires that the passport should be returned through post. The Embassy prefers returning passports through Recommended/Registered Post. A copy of the Travel Plan should also be enclosed along with the Visa Application. Supporting documents might be required by the Embassy, where necessary. Completed application form should be filled only with blue or black ink and duly signed. Applications have to be signed only by the applicant and not anyone else on his/her behalf, only exception being a parent signing for their small children who cannot sign.
- Visa Fee is subject to change. Please check the current fee from this website. Visa fee is non-refundable.
- Visa processing time schedule.
(a) Tourist Visa:
- Approximately 2 clear working days if application is submitted at the counter in the Embassy (Not applicable for those who are Travel Document holders and foreigners residing in Denmark for less than two years)
- Approximately 2 weeks in respect of applications received by post for those who are exempted from Biometrics. Visa fee should be paid by bank transfer (Embassy of India Account No: 4001-11421733 with Danske Bank)
- Minimum 7 working days if application is submitted at the counter in the Embassy (Not applicable for those who are Travel Document holders and foreigners residing in Denmark for less than two years)
- Approximately 14 working days in respect of applications received by post for those who are exempted from Biometrics. Visa fee should be paid by bank transfer (Embassy of India Account No: 4001-11421733 with Danske Bank)
(b) Business Visa:
- Approximately 5 clear working days if application is submitted at the counter in the Embassy (Not applicable for those who are Travel Document holders and foreigners residing in Denmark for less than two years)
- Approximately 2 weeks in respect of applications received by post for those who are exempted from Biometrics . Visa fee should be paid by bank transfer (Embassy of India Account No: 4001-11421733 with Danske Bank)
For foreign nationals residing in Denmark for less then 2 years the visa processing may take long.
- New Requirements: A Tourist Visa is issued for the sole objective of visiting India for recreation, sight seeing, casual visit to meet friends or relatives etc. only. Misuse of Tourist Visa for any other purpose/activity will attract permanent refusal for visa to India. Application for visa should accompany (i) a copy of return air-ticket to India (ii) an invitation letter from host in India or details of confirmed hotel booking/s at the place/s of stay in India; and (iii) proof of availability of sufficient funds to meet expenses during his/her stay in India (letter from the applicant's bank to the effect will be acceptable).
- The duration of validity for all types of visa starts from the date of issue.
- The Embassy reserves the right to refuse visa without assigning any reasons.
- Foreign nationals holding visa for a period of more than 180 days are required to get themselves registered with the concerned Foreigner's Regional Registration Office (FRRO) within 14 days of their first arrival in India. A penal fee of US$ 30.00, over and above the visa fees, will be charged by the concerned FRRO, in case of non-registration on time and for overstay in India beyond the validity of visa.
- Visitors to restricted/protected areas need special permits and for this purpose an additional form has to be completed. Please contact the Embassy if you wish to ascertain whether any of the places you intend to visit fall in the category of restricted/protected areas. Application for the permit, for which an additional fee is levied, has to be submitted in the prescribed form with the required fee along with the visa application.
- Foreign nationals intending to visit India for commissioning surrogacy
Visa for commissioning surrogacy
For visa-related queries:
All visa enquiries should preferably be in English.
please call the Embassy at telephone number
+45 39 18 29 95
+45 39 18 28 88
between 14.30 - 16.30 hrs. on working days
send e-mail at